Hey! It's Regan. We weren't really planning for anything to happen today (memorial day) but...fate has a way of making itself known. Aidan (over Facebook) So eloquently stated that he was in a weird mood because "Being stagnant makes me in a weird mood". I suggested that he go for a run. As it ends up, I needed a bike ride (I do a tour every summer), so as soon as he set off I did as well. As it may be easily guessed, we "ran" in to each other on the trail. He decided to run with me. I slowed down, to keep speed (But it think he was going faster than normal). Lemme just say, it had to look funny. A professionally clothed biker, riding with a runner at a slow speed. Haha.
When we met, We both agreed to go where the other wanted, agreeing finally on going where he came from. When we stopped, she thought aloud "I would feel better with out my shirt" i said it would be okay (OF COURSE IT WAS....Gosh) Then we turned around, and kept going. I knew i was going too fast.....
We went all the way around a trail, to my house to disinfect a crash wound, then to his house. I had previously shown off, riding at my Half-speed. I should have guessed that he would show off, as well. When we were almost to his house, he decided to go up to his fastest speed. Yelling over his shoulder "50%! 60% 70%..." until he got to 100%. (Note: Aidan is asthmatic) I had to bike at my top speed to stay up with him....I was yelling for him to stop...he didn't hear me...When he got to his house, he all but passed out. Of course, Aidan's strict mother had to peek her head out the door and yell "Aidan! are you alright?" It didn't help that he couldn't respond... I knew that he was about to pass out...But of course...I couldn't do ANYTHING.
All's well that ends well...which it did. With a hug and a kiss from a very sweaty Aidan, and his sister yelling for him to "Get his tushy inside to eat!"
I biked back to my house, and here I am. All grease covered and icky. (My bike conveniently lost the chain twice on the ride.)
~For now, Regan.
P.S, That was fun...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment