Aidan here! Still slightly winded. But here we go. :)
Memorial Day. A day of seeing the family and...well, memorializing. Hence, no seeing my favorite girl in the whole world. Nothing but sitting inside all day lost in stagnation (I over-use that word, by the way). Call me what you will, but this made me upset. I HAD to be doing something. So, with football season approaching, what better activity to do than getting immersed in the joy of running? I presented the idea to Regan, and as fate would have it, she was going to go biking. And, say I was running the opposite direction she was biking, we just might coincidentally meet each other. So I told my mother, at least. With this magnificent plot in mind, I quickly got ready (including taking my inhaler...icky asthma), and off I went.
I was about a third of the way through the trail when I saw her amongst a crowd of walk/bikers. As always, I was amazed. Decked out in all of her biking gear, she looked like an angel on a mission. I chuckled to myself as I embraced her in a hug, followed quickly by a kiss (we were only slightly sweaty at this point).
Where to? Obviously, this was the question on both our lips.
Wherever you want, babe. This unanimous answer was shared by both of us.
After much deliberation that really didn't solve anything, we decided to travel back the way I went.
I'm not sure how much the readers out there know about running speed versus biking speed, but there's a rather significant difference. She went slow, but I still had to quicken my pace to keep up (obviously, I didn't tell her this).
And so we went, an odd couple of athletes, one on bike and one on legs, traveling throughout the beautiful scenery.
Soon enough, we reached the beginning of the trail we were traversing, with a slightly bitter feeling of an adventure cut short.
A: Do you want to turn around and go the other way?
R: Sure!
It was at this point in which I started to get slightly uncomfortable.
I would feel so free running without this shirt on... I thought aloud.
Oh, I don't mind.
Feeling surprisingly free from awkwardness at this gesture, I stuffed my shirt into my pocket, and we continued our journey.
Running/Biking all the way to the other side of the trail (this is where I normally end my run), we had to figure out where to go.
A: Let's go to your house!
R: Sounds good!
At this point, we were out of the woods and onto the streets. We kept a pretty even pace, and I felt my chest tighten slightly, but nothing beyond my ability to handle.
To my extreme disliking, as we were going up a very steep hill, Regan fell. And injured herself in the process (needless to say, I felt horrible). Thus, it was just logical to acquire a disinfectant when we arrived at her house, which we soon did.
My heart was racing at this point (about as much as when we kiss), but we were far from done. Dinner was about to start at my house, and that was quite a ways away. So we naturally stepped our intensity up a few notches. This was practically nothing for her...I was jealous.
I did have my secrets too, however. I secretly saved a little energy for the last stretch of the road to my house. Slowly accelerating every block, it wasn't long before I was breaking into a dead sprint, my chest tight but my heart soaring. I could hear Regan's shouts from behind me but they weren't audible.
Then it came down. We reached my house. The adventure was over.
A mixed amount of feelings. Slight pride in finishing strong, extreme sadness in the fact that it was time for us to seperate, and obviously an intense amount of focus on not fainting. This was exponentially more difficult when we closed in for a kiss. It's hard to think anyways when that happens. :P
I love you Aidan.
I love you too Regan.
And off she went. With a promise to see me again soon.
It's the little, spontaneous things that make life worth living.
-With everything I have, Aidan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment