So, just wanted to start off by saying that I CAN cook! I'm just limited to instant lunch and spaghettios. :P
But seriously. Regan is.....just wow. No words could fully and eloquently describe how I feel about her, how she truly is. But I'll try.
You don't need to do much to notice her first perfection: her looks. Whenever or wherever we meet, the moment she looks at me with those stunning, everchanging eyes, my heart skips and my thoughts vanish. The adreniline burst I feel when she flashes that pearly smile is like diving into an ice cold ocean, in the best possible way. I don't know how someone with looks like hers ended up with me, but I'll never stop being grateful for it. I could go on and on about it...but it would be a crime to look past all the other facets of this beautiful diamond.
Whether she says so or not, she really is exponentially intelligent, moreso than me in many aspects. Although her spelling isn't as flawless as her complexion, the depth and the brilliance of the ideas flowing around in that vast mind of hers never ceases to amaze me. We could talk about anything we so choose, over any subject, and wouldn't skip a beat. I love it.
However, now we move on to one of the things I love the most about Regan: her emotions. Her sheer, unadulterated willingness to feel all that is to be felt in life really sets her apart from the rest of the girls, the girls apathetically turning away from their hearts are telling them, preferring instead the ideals of society. She isn't afraid to love, to truly love with all her heart and every ounce of her soul. Many call it naivete, others disregard it as a refusal to accept the bitter taste of reality. But I know, without a doubt, that it's the only true way to live: with the heart instead of the cold, numb mind.
Closely related to this is her uncanny caring for others. I'm shocked at the painstaking lengths to make sure that my feelings are all in check, that I'm completely okay. With everything going on in her life, it would be so easy to drop her extreme vigilance for me, but she refuses to do so. I know she has a heart the size of Mt. Everest, and it's something the world could use in greater amounts.
So...there you have it folks. Internally and externally, Regan is more than I've ever wished for. Whatever fates brought us together have my thanks, always and forever. Because Regan is the love of my life.
Forever we'll be, you and me.
-With everything I have, Aidan.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment